- Location: St. Lawrence River, Quebec
- Company: Dromadaire Géo-Innovations
The St. Lawrence River is without a doubt one of the majestic maritime gateways of Canada. As a northern watercourse, the St. Lawrence and its shores change with the seasons: tranquil and placid during the summer months and ice-covered during the winter.
This radar image was acquired by the RADARSAT Constellation Mission on , when drifting ice floes formed a fascinating mosaic in motion. Like imaginary ships, islands such as île d'Orléans, île aux Grues, île aux Oies and Grosse Île seem to be navigating their way through the ice.
See the map
- Satellite Art: celebrating Canada's beauty from space
- Satellites in our everyday lives
- RADARSAT Constellation Mission
- Date modified: