Did You Know? The International Space Station
2017-11-20 - Quick facts on the International Space Station (Credit: Canadian Space Agency)
- Orbits the Earth at an altitude of 400 KM
- You can watch Canadarm2 and Dextre during robotic operations and follow the crew working inside.
- Moves at 28,000 KM/H
90 time faster than a F1 car
- Has a permanent crew of 3 to 6 people
- Is one of the most ambitious international collaborations
- Offers a unique environment for science
20 Canadian experiments have been conducted, some of which are still underway.
- Is the second brightest object in the night sky after the Moon.
It crosses the night sky like a bright star and could easily be mistaken for an airplane, but it does not have blinking lights and is moving faster.
- Has living quarters similar to a five bedroom house
- Circles the globe every 90 minutes
Copyright / Permission to reproduce
- Date modified: