Science Literacy Week
The Canadian Space Agency (CSA) is partnering with the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) for the edition of Science Literacy Week.
Get ready for a week-long celebration of science and space from to !
About the activity
Science Literacy Week is an annual event that shows how exciting science is and highlights the excellence and diversity of Canadian science.
is a big year for space in Canada, from mapping an asteroid to sending an astronaut and satellites to space. We want all Canadians to take part in the celebration of our space program during Science Literacy Week!
- Special grants to Canadian organizations promoting space.
- Hundreds of events from coast to coast, including workshops and presentations in science centres, museums, libraries and schools.
- Online learning resources and activities, from booklists and websites to podcasts and a Facebook Live series.
David Saint-Jacques introduces Science Literacy Week
Who can participate?
Canadians of all ages and regions are invited to celebrate science and space with us!
How to participate
Take part in events happening near you and online from to . Watch for the list of events – it will be published starting in .
As part of the CSA–NSERC partnership, 23 PromoScience grant supplements will be awarded to organizations promoting space during Science Literacy Week . To be eligible, recipients had to hold an active PromoScience grant and offer space-related activities between and . Selected organizations receive up to $10,000 in funding (co-funded by NSERC and the CSA). Watch for the complete list of space-related events on the Science Literacy Week website starting in .
Space PromoScience grant supplements – List of recipients
- Acadia Robotics
- Association québécoise des jeux mathématiques (AQJM) (French only)
- Canadian Association of Science Centres
- Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists (CSEG)
- Churchill Northern Studies Centre
- Discovery Western
- ESTEEM Women
- Falls Brook Centre
- Geering Up Engineering & Science for Kids
- Kids Code Jeunesse
- Let's Talk Science - Ottawa
- Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre
- Roots 2 STEM
- Royal Canadian Institute for Science
- Science North
- Technoscience Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean (French only)
- University of Ottawa – Faculty of Engineering
- University of Western Ontario – Centre for Planetary Science and Exploration
- Visions of Science Network for Learning
- Women in Scholarship, Engineering, Science & Technology (WISEST)
- World Fisheries Trust
- X-Chem Outreach – St Francis Xavier University
About Science Literacy Week
Science Literacy Week is a week-long blitz of science-based activities from coast to coast. For one week in , libraries, universities, museums and other partners put on a spectacular nationwide festival of science. Science Literacy Week is powered by the NSERC, an organization that aims to make Canada a country of discoverers and innovators for the benefit of all Canadians.
- Mission activities
- Canadian astronaut David Saint-Jacques' mission
- Space activities for youth and educators
- Date modified: