The SWOT mission
2022-12-09 – Infographic presenting elements to be studied by Canadian scientists with SWOT mission data.
- Estimate changes in water volume of lakes, reservoirs and wetlands and in river flows.
- Understand water-related hazards such as floods.
- Understand the dynamics of estuaries.
- Measure sea level changes to understand ocean circulation, a critical process linked to climate change.
- Better map coastal regions and determine the height of tides.
- Better predict marine conditions, including storm surges and ocean currents, which are important for navigation, fisheries and offshore commercial operations.
*The SWOT mission is led by NASA and France's space agency (CNES) in collaboration with the Canadian Space Agency and the United Kingdom Space Agency. (Credit: Canadian Space Agency)
Copyright / Permission to reproduce
- Date modified: