Latest numbers on Canada's astronaut recruitment campaign (November 16, 2016)
2016-11-16 - The Canadian Space Agency published the latest numbers on Canada's 2016 astronaut recruitment campaign. (Credit: Canadian Space Agency)
The infographic features a map of Canada with the latest data, as of November 16, 2016, on the candidates who are still in the running in the Canadian Space Agency's astronaut recruitment campaign after an in-depth evaluation of their applications.
On each province and territory, there is a circle containing the number of candidates who qualified for the next round of the selection process, and the percentage of the total number of candidates. Here are the statistics in detail.
- Yukon: no candidate; 0%
- Northwest Territories: 1 person; 0.6%
- Nunavut: no candidate; 0%
- British Columbia: 17 people; 10.4%
- Alberta: 18 people; 11%
- Saskatchewan: 1 person; 0.6%
- Manitoba: 2 people; 1.2%
- Ontario: 54 people; 33.1%
- Quebec: 19 people; 11.7%
- New Brunswick: no candidate; 0%
- Nova Scotia: 3 people; 1.8%
- Prince Edward Island: no candidate; 0%
- Newfoundland and Labrador: 3 people; 1.8%
45 candidates from outside of Canada are still in the running, which is 27.6% of the total number of 163.
Of the candidates, 66.3% are men and 33.7% are women.
Note: Due to rounding, percentages may not add up to 100%.
Copyright / Permission to reproduce
- Date modified: