Louis Hotte - Inventor
Role at the Canadian Space Agency
- Employed by the CSA since .
- Senior systems engineer, Space Utilization Projects Directorate.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS) ().
- Bachelor's degree in technology, specializing in electricity, ÉTS ().
- Senior engineer with over 30 years of experience in the aerospace industry; contributed to a number of space programs for the industry and the CSA.
- Is currently the payload systems engineer for the Radarsat Constellation Mission (RCM) project.
- As part of the Microwave Communications Group, helped design several monolithic microwave integrated circuits for a number of space applications where commercial availability was limited.
- Helped develop the Heterodyne Instrument for the Far-Infrared (HIFI) device for the Herschel mission and a search and rescue transponder for the Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) constellations.
- Acted as a scientific authority in many microwave technology development studies.
- Worked for Spar Aerospace and EMS Technologies (now MDA) for nearly 20 years.
- Took part in the design of a number of circuits operating in various frequency bands ranging from VHF (Very High Frequency) to millimetre-wave. He designed the sub-systems, amplifiers, filters, multipliers, couplers, switches and other components.
- Served as senior engineer on a number of programs, such as MSAT, ACES and HTV. He took part in reviews of designs and preparing worst-case scenarios and all documentation required for the production of these types of sub-systems.
- Date modified: