National Forum on Earth Observation
- Type: Forum
- Date: to
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET
- Duration: 3 days
- Cost: Free
- Location: Canadian Space Agency (CSA) headquarters,
John H. Chapman Space Centre
6767 Route de l'Aéroport
Borough of Saint-Hubert
Longueuil, Quebec and virtual
- Languages: French and English
- Target audience: Public sector user departments (federal and provincial), industry, academia, Indigenous communities
This event will bring together Canadian stakeholders from industry, academia, Indigenous communities and government in order to assess current Earth observation (EO) undertakings and discuss the next steps for satellite EO in Canada.
The National Forum on Earth Observation will be held from to at the Canadian Space Agency's John H. Chapman Space Centre in Longueuil, Quebec, and virtually.
The program will include plenary sessions and workshops.
In preparation, we are undertaking a number of consultations with several stakeholder communities via preparatory meetings. The results will be discussed during the Forum.
The last EO Forum took place in . It brought together more than 300 participants from the Canadian EO community, representing federal and provincial governmental departments, academia, and industry.
- Update Canadian EO stakeholders on what has been done since the last National EO Forum in .
- Obtain community guidance, positioning and feedback on proposed consultation mechanisms.
- Take stock of current EO undertakings and achievements by the communities, in order to include information in upcoming planning phases.
- Foster renewed networking between the various EO communities in Canada.
- Focus on biodiversity of ecological systems to highlight Canada's national priority while the Canadian Space Agency serves as the – Chair of the Committee on Earth Observation Satellites.
|Registration for in-person participation
|Registration for virtual participation
Book your hotel room today. Here are some of the hotels near the Canadian Space Agency's John H. Chapman Space Centre.
- Escad Hotel Quartier DIX30
- Alt Hotel Quartier DIX30
- Courtyard Marriott Brossard
- Imperia Hotel & Suites Boucherville
- Hôtel Mortagne Boucherville
Important: There is often heavy traffic around the John H. Chapman Space Centre, particularly from 7:00 to 9:00 am and from 3:00 to 5:30 pm. Please plan accordingly.
Registration and snacks.
What's not included
Transportation between the hotel and the CSA, accommodation, and lunches.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: