International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Date : (or as indicated)
- Location : varied
- Target audience : Families, communities, educators
The Canadian Space Agency (CSA) is celebrating this year's International Day of Women and Girls in Science by participating in events. We will also highlight this special day on social media. More information below.
- Kumudu Jinadasa will take part in a virtual panel organized by the Canadian Association of Girls in Science. Kumi is an engineer and the CSA's Program Lead, Astronauts, Life Sciences and Space Medicine.
- Kiosk at Women and Girls of Science, Montreal Science Centre in Montreal, Quebec (details).
- Parshati Patel will be a panelist at the Hume Cronyn Memorial Observatory's Women in Astronomy Night in London, Ontario. Parshati is an astrophysicist and science communicator, and the CSA's Education Advisor and Program Designer.
- Chelsea Taylor will take part in a panel hosted by SEDS Canada and the Women in Robotics Ontario Chapter. Chelsea is an Engineer, Operations (Operations and Training) working with CSA's robotics team. The event will be livestreamed on SEDS Canada's YouTube channel.
- On , Kristen Facciol will be the keynote speaker at the Girls in STEAM Conference at the Saskatchewan Science Centre in Regina, Saskatchewan. Kristen is an engineer who plans robotic missions, drives Canada's robots on the International Space Station, and trains astronauts on these robots.
- On , Miriam Micael will speak at a virtual event organized by the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs highlighting women and girls in space tech. Miriam is an engineer in project management of satellite missions.
- Date modified: