Build a Spacesuit
You will need:
- A painter's suit
- Photos of astronauts in their Extravehicular Activity (EVA) suits
- A variety of duct tapes / hockey tapes of all colours
- Dryer hose tubing
- Cereal or other flat boxes
- Odds and ends
- Glue, tape, scissors and markers
How to build your spacesuit:
- Obtain a disposable painter's suit (paper or plastic) from a local paint or hardware store;
- Find photos of astronauts wearing their EVA suits and note all the details;
- Decorate your suit using various coloured tapes, dryer hose tubing, other kinds of tubes, and markers;
- Using the cereal box, create a control box for your suit;
- Add lots of pockets and tethers to your suit, so your space tools won't float away!
- Create your own mission patches to add to your suit;
- Your spacesuit is now ready to wear; good luck on your mission!
Proud of your spacesuit?
Send your picture, and you could be featured on our website or social media accounts!
- Date modified: