Wen-Hong Zhu Inventeur
Role at the Canadian Space Agency
- He joined CSA in .
- Engineer in robotics.
- Ph.D from Xi'an Jiaotong University in China ().
- Robotics Control Engineer.
- He is the author of a book entitled Virtual Decomposition Control (VDC), a revolutionary approach resulting in a breakthrough in precision control of complex robots, published by Springer. He has successfully applied VDC to STVF and CART to achieve unprecedented control precision in both output force control of hydraulic cylinders and adaptive control of harmonic drives. He also developed a generic velocity estimation approach by using both position and acceleration sensors. His current research activity includes FPGA-based control of modular robots. He has authored and co-authored more than 70 papers in leading international journals and conference proceedings. His work has been cited more than 3500 times internationally (Google Scholar) with a SCOPUS h-index of 25 by .
- Since obtaining his Ph.D of Engineering, he has conducted research works in a number of international institutes including Shanghai Jiaotong University from to , Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology in , Katholieke Universiteit Leuven from to , and University of British Columbia from to .
- He was the winner of the Swedish Open Championship in Robust Robot Control , sponsored by ABB Robotics.
- Date modified: