smartEarth is the Canadian Space Agency's (CSA) renewed funding initiative related to Earth observation applications development. It fosters a smart use of satellite data to develop solutions to key challenges on Earth and in our everyday lives.
Funding opportunities are provided through three different tracks: the Accelerator, the Integrator and the Enabler.
smartEarth replaces the CSA's Earth Observation Application Development Program (EOADP), Government Related Initiatives Program (GRIP), and Science and Operational Applications Research (SOAR) Program.
- Develop innovative satellite data solutions to help meet various needs on Earth and in our everyday lives
- Increase collaboration among Canadian stakeholders
- Enhance expertise, growth and competitiveness in Canada's space sector
- Advance scientific knowledge
Available funding varies depending on the Request for Proposal (RFP) or Announcement of Opportunity (AO). The funds usually cover a period ranging from one to three years.
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations established and operating in Canada
- Canadian post-secondary institutions
Projects will allow the development of innovative satellite data solutions that will help solve key challenges on Earth and in our everyday lives in a variety of fields.
For example, they may help monitor and protect ecosystems. They may also help improve agricultural practices, sustainability of natural resources or the safety of our infrastructures.
If you have questions about smartEarth, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: