Frozen in Time: The OSIRIS-REx mission and space rock from the asteroid Bennu
- Type: Webinar
- Time: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm ET
- Cost: Free; registration required
- Location: Virtual
- Languages: English
- Target audience: General public
- Tim Haltigin, Senior Mission Scientist, Canadian Space Agency
- Dr. Kim Tait, Teck Endowed Chair of Mineralogy and Department Head of Natural History, Royal Ontario Museum
What can an asteroid teach us about the earliest history of our solar system? Register for this digital conversation to find out more with Canadian scientists as they share their experiences on the international team of the OSIRIS-REx mission to Bennu.
On , join CSA's Tim Haltigin and the Royal Ontario Museum's Dr. Kim Tait as they discuss OSIRIS-REx – Canada's first participation in an asteroid sample-return mission.
Launched in , the OSIRIS-REx mission performed the most in-depth exploration of the asteroid Bennu to date. After 7 years in space, the mission returns to Earth on with its unique sample of material gathered from the asteroid.
This engaging digital conversation celebrates the success of the mission, building awareness and anticipation for the mission's return.
The event is free, but registration is required. Please see the ROM's page for full details.
- Date modified: