Mandate and objectives
The mandate of the Space Technology Development Program (STDP) is:
- to formulate, implement, and manage R&D projects related to the development of Mission Enabling and Generic technologies to support future needs of the Canadian Space Program; and
- to support industrial capacity building through the development of new products/services, processes and know-how.
The STDP objectives are to:
- Respond to the technological needs of the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) Branches;
- Reduce the technological uncertainties associated with planned Canadian space missions;
- Stimulate industrial innovation in space-related technologies in preparation for potential future missions; and
- Strengthen the core capabilities of the Canadian space industry through industrial capacity building initiatives in order to maintain industrial readiness and competitiveness.
- Date modified: