Consultations on the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
The draft to Federal Sustainable Development Strategy () was recently released for public consultation until .
The FSDS sets out the Government of Canada's sustainable development priorities from an environmental perspective, establishes goals and targets, and identifies actions to achieve them.
You can participate in the consultations by:
- providing feedback and answering questions through placespeak.com/FSDS
- submitting comments through the online version of the draft strategy using the comments box
- replying to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn posts or tweeting with the hashtag #FSDS
- sending written comments or videos by email to SDO-BDD@ec.gc.ca
The FSDS supports Canada's efforts to advance the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations Agenda for Sustainable Development. Did you know that the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) actively participates in attaining the following goals?:
- Sustainable Development Goal 13 (Action on Climate Change): The CSA supports action on climate change through its planned Green Government efforts and initiatives such as GHG monitoring and accounting, fleet electrification, carbon neutral building, energy efficiency projects, etc. (see p. 134-135-136 of the FSDS)
- Sustainable Development Goal 17 (Partnerships for the Goals): Through its many partnerships in the area of space-based Earth observation, the CSA contribute to the achievement of Goal 17 through the implementation strategy "
Work with partners to monitor and protect our ecosystems from space", specifically through its support to initiatives such as WildFireSat, Earth Observation Service Continuity Initiative (EOSC), Radarsat Constellation Mission (RCM), Surface Water Observation Topography Mission (SWOT), etc. (see pp. 177–229 of the FSDS)
We thank you for your participation in this consultation. Your comments will strengthen the strategy and help inform the Government of Canada's sustainable development priorities.
- Date modified: