About the FAST funding initiative
Funding to support space research
The Canadian Space Agency's (CSA) Flights and Fieldwork for the Advancement of Science and Technology (FAST) funding initiative supports space research in Canadian post-secondary institutions. FAST grants enable students (college, undergraduate and graduate) and young researchers (post-doctoral fellows) to gain hands-on experience in space-like missions, and support the development of space science and technologies.
- Develop and maintain the expertise of the next generation of space researchers and other professionals in space-related fields in Canada
- Provide students with opportunities to participate in hands-on activities to gain knowledge and acquire the skills sought by employers in the space sector
- Increase scientific knowledge
- Develop new technologies
A maximum of $500,000 can be awarded per project, depending on the Announcement of Opportunity (AO) and funding categories. The funds usually cover a period of up to three years.
Canadian post-secondary institutions (colleges and universities).
Since 2010, FAST has invested over $21M to support 78 projects led by 25 Canadian universities involving over 600 students and young researchers through five AOs.
Should you have any questions regarding the FAST funding initiative, contact us at email@example.com.
- Grants awarded under the FAST funding initiative
- Funding programs and opportunities
- Resources for the scientific community
- Date modified: