Canada's Space Policy Framework
This policy framework modernizes Canada's space program for the second decade of the 21st century and beyond. It provides clarity with respect to Government priorities and strengthens governance of the space program. Implementation of its core principles will ensure that the Canadian Space Program will be able to deliver the services the Government requires to protect and advance national interests; that industry will find the necessary support to be competitive in global markets; and that academia will be well positioned to conduct the research that will be the foundation of future space missions.
Space remains a harsh and unforgiving environment that tests the capabilities of even the most advanced technologies, spurring the development of ever more sophisticated engineering designs. Our use and understanding of space allows access to the most profound understanding of the cosmos and provides a platform for science to investigate the complexity of Earth as a living planet, even as space becomes increasingly indispensable to the well-being and security of life on Earth. Space is now a growing, multi-billion dollar arena of commercial opportunity.
It is imperative, then, that Canada remain in the vanguard of space research and application. This framework provides the policy blueprint for Canada to do so.
- Previouspage: Implementation (continued)
- 1: Page 1, Future Trajectory
- 2: Page 2, Future Trajectory
- 3: Page 3, Future Trajectory
- 4: Page 4, Future Trajectory
- 5: Page 5, Future Trajectory
- 6: Page 6, Future Trajectory
- 7: Page 7, Future Trajectory
- 8: Page 8, Future Trajectory
- 9: Page 9, Future Trajectory
- 10: Page 10, Future Trajectory
- 11: Page 11, Future Trajectory
- 12: Page 12, Future Trajectory
- Date modified: