Astronaut Chris Hadfield's Last Stretch of Activities before Launch
Note to Editors
Longueuil, Quebec, November 26, 2012 – In preparation for his upcoming launch on December 19, this week and next, Canadian Space Agency (CSA) Astronaut Chris Hadfield will be undergoing his final exams and participate in Russian protocol events.
Chris Hadfield is about to embark on a five-month mission aboard the International Space Station (ISS) where he will become, for two months, the first Canadian commander. As the launch approaches, Hadfield is participating in pre-launch qualifications and ceremonies which will be broadcasted on NASA TV. These include, but are not limited to, the Soyuz and Russian segment qualification simulation, the Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center Crew Press Conference, the crew visit to the Red Square and tea with Vladimir Popovkin, Head of Roscosmos, Russia's Space Agency.
For more information on Expedition 34/35 crew qualifications and ceremonies:
- Video files of some activities will be available on NASA TV. Please see NASA TV schedule for more information and precise timings http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/schedule.html
For more information on Expedition 34/35:
- Check out the CSA's Mission Website
- Follow CSA and Cmdr_Hadfield on Twitter
- Follow CSA and Astronaut Chris Hadfield on Facebook
- Visit the CSA You Tube Channel
For b-roll footage of Hadfield and Expedition 34/35, access our ftp site:
For more information:
- Date modified: