The Life Cycle of a Star
Module 2: The Sun and Stars
- (1) Help button:
- This button will open a window with help information
- (2) Show/Hide constellations:
- This button will add constellation lines to the stars depicted
- (3) Controller buttons:
- (A) Reset: reload the applet and reset the parameters
- (B) Rewind: press and hold to advance the applet in reverse
- (C) Pause: temporarily stop the action in the applet
- (D) Play: begin or resume the action in the applet
- (E) Fast Forward: press and hold to advance the applet
- (F) End: advance the applet to its end
- (G) Speed: click to select the number and input a higher number to increase the speed of the rewind and fast forward buttons
- (H) Slider bar: shows the progression through the animation
- (I) Drag controller: click and drag over this symbol to reposition the controller buttons within the applet frame
- (J) Collapse button: click this button to collapse controller button
Using the applet:
This applet has been designed to help students gain a better understanding of the life cyle of a star.
The cartoon character, Stellar Sam (3), guides students through the various stages in the lifecycle of stars using an example of a star similar to the Sun, as well as a much more massive star.
Using the standard controller buttons, students can watch the progression of the life cylce animations, reading along with the text in Sam's speech bubbles (3).