Canadian astronaut David Saint-Jacques' music playlist aboard the Soyuz
On , Canadian Space Agency astronaut David Saint-Jacques and his crewmates Anne McClain and Oleg Kononenko will fly to the International Space Station.
On launch day, the astronauts enter the Soyuz about two and a half hours before lift-off and perform the final checks.
After their pre-launch operations are completed, the astronauts usually have about 40 minutes to listen to music before their departure. They can enjoy their own selections or discover those of their crewmates.
Here is David Saint-Jacques' playlist, compiled by Nicolas Tittley, who is a music journalist and a friend of David.
David Saint-Jacques' playlist: "
- Sleep/Swim, múm
- Green Grass of Tunnel, múm
- Quarrel, Moses Sumney
- Music for 18 Musicians (Modular Version): Pulses, Steve Reich (Ensemble Signal)
- On the Ground, Richard Reed Parry
- Subterraneans (2017 Remastered Version), David Bowie
- Suspirium, Thom Yorke
- Rêver mieux, Daniel Bélanger
- Sunday Morning (Stereo Version), The Velvet Underground & Nico
- Nuit debout, Camille
- Distant Sky (feat. Else Torp), Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Le départ, Alexandra Stréliski
- The Great Escape, Patrick Watson
- Ikajunga, Elisapie
- Sail to the Moon, Radiohead
- Flight from the City, Jóhann Jóhannsson, Yuki Numata Resnick, Ben Russell, Clarice Jensen & Tarn Travers
- Blue Moon, Beck
- Faites monter, Alain Bashung
- Fade into You, Mazzy Star
- Higgs Boson Blues, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois, Sufjan Stevens
- Looking for Astronauts, The National
- New Star in the Sky, Air
- We're Going Home, Clint Mansell
- Décollage, Air
- The Stars Our Destination, Stereolab
- Major Tom (Coming Home), Peter Schilling
- A Model of the Universe, Jóhann Jóhannsson
This would make for great listening during a launch party! Enjoy!
- Canadian astronaut David Saint-Jacques' mission
- Journey of the Soyuz, from lift-off to landing
- Mission activities
- Date modified: